Effective 5/1/20, all courses must be on the 2020 National Electrical Code.
** Each Class Must be Worth at Least 4 Hours of Code
Please note that we are encouraging and implementing providers to apply to North Dakota, if they want electricians to receive CEU credit here. We want the ability to review all curriculums, and determine if the class suffices for CEU credits for electricians in North Dakota.
* Courses, seminars, and instructors shall have prior approval by the board to receive credit. Request for approval of courses, seminars, and instructors shall be made no later than thirty days prior to class instruction. Board approval of courses, seminars, and instructors accepted expires when the board adopts an updated edition of the National
* Application for approval of courses and instructors shall be on a form provided by the board. A complete description (detailed curriculum outlining the subject matter along with the time and sequence of each item) and copies of all materials provided to the attendants shall be submitted.
* Continuing education programs held in other states may be considered for credit if the program meets the requirements of the board.
* The board shall be notified in writing no later than fifteen days prior to the date, time, and location of the presentation. A representative of the board shall be entitled to attend without charge and have the authority to audit or review continuing education presentations.
* The board may withdraw approval of any educational program not in compliance with this section.
* The provider of the presentation shall forward an attendance list to the board on a form supplied by the board within fifteen days following the presentation. A certificate of completion shall also be provided to each licensee in attendance. Each certificate of completion and attendance list shall include the name of the provider, the name of the instructor, the course identification number, the date and location of presentation, the number of code and non-code hours of instruction for continuing education units, the electrician's name, and the electrician's license number and last four digits of social security number. It is the responsibility of the licensee to have a copy of this certificate of completion. The certificates shall be sent to the board only if requested to do so by the board. The provider shallbe responsible to keep accurate attendance by periodically checking attendees during the class.
* Instructors shall submit their qualifications to the board prior to the presentation of the course or seminar. Courses will not be approved unless the instructor has one or more of the following qualifications:
** ATTENTION ONLINE OR CORRESPONDENCE PROVIDERS **
The Board had implemented a policy that any online/correspondence courses taught after May 1, 2014 will need to go through our approval process. They are no longer being accepted on mutual approval based on another state accepting them.
If you are interested in applying, you can complete the Course Application / Instructor Application. The Course Application and supporting documentation must be accompanied by a user name and password (or login credentials), if online, or course material provided to an applicant (if correspondence) so that we can access the course to review and complete. Also, the course needs to contain a segment on North Dakota Laws, Rules & Wiring Standards (available on our website at www.ndseb.com). We are requesting that the segment consist of code emphasis questions rather than administrative procedures. The answers to this segment need to accompany your application.
** ONLINE COURSE REQUIREMENTS **